Wednesday 10 April 2013

Cushing's Awareness Blog Challenge 2013 - Day 9

Understanding the Battle...
 
The battle has got to be the hardest part about having Cushing's Disease. Everyone around you thinks its just that easy, the tumor is gone and now everything should go right back to normal. Well NO!!! Absolutely not.. I almost feel worse ever since the tumor has been removed. I know that its going to be a long road and eventually everything will go back to normal but in time. Everything takes time and its not just going to happen over night. I'm still healing and I'm still trying to balance steroids, and when the times comes to make a change its going to take A LOT of work. A lot of determination! I am determined to make a change, to make a difference and get my life back but I just think its important for me to tell everyone that its just not that simple.
I guess this is just me letting out frustration, its frustrating when people look at me different. I don't want to look the way I do, but I got blessed with this "ugly" disease and its just something that I'm going to have to deal with.
Try, just try for one second to walk a mile in my shoes and experience everything I've been through and then tell me its easy!
I will get through this, I'm determined!!
I will beat Cushing's Disease but it will forever be a part of "me" and who I am.
I will show the world that just because a disease made me "ugly" doesn't mean I'm not beautiful on the inside, we're all beautiful on the inside. You just cant see it.
And trust me.. I will also show this "ugly" disease just exactly what UGLY is.
 
Bring it!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment