Wednesday 3 April 2013

Cushing's Awareness Blog Challenge 2013 - Day 3

Neurosurgeon
 
Neurosurgery is the medical term used in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders that effect a portion of the nervous system. This includes the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and extra-cranial cerebrovascular system.
 
A neurosurgeon played a very large part of my Cushing's Disease experience. My Cushing's was a tumor growing on my pituitary gland, it was this tumor that was causing so much stress in my life and so many problems. By removing this tumor, it gives me a chance to get my life back and hopefully I can live a new life Cushing's free. Without the help of a Neurosurgeon none of this would be possible. My experience with my Neurosurgeon was nothing but amazing, there are no words to explain how Thankful I am to have someone like him in my life. His confidence alone is something I am so grateful for.
I had my first follow-up appointment with my Neurosurgeon today and he says everything is looking great. His final words were "Continue to live your life as if nothing ever happened!". It was so amazing to hear this, to hear how simple it was for him to say it. I could tell that he really enjoyed his job and it made him happy to be able to help others.
I hope everyone dealing with Cushing's Disease gets the privilege of having a Neurosurgeon as amazing as mine.
 
Here's to a new me... Thanks to my Neurosurgeon!
 
:)


1 comment:

  1. you where lucky abd it will take time gail but keep the.postive attitude i know it will be hard but.u can do iit and the reward will be your health

    ReplyDelete